Even if most companies would love to create a video to market their brands, some of them are hesitant because of the production cost. There are ways to trim down the video production cost. You’ll find there are many Austin video production companies and it is hard to decide which one will be the best and how you can ask and prepare to stat on budget.
Here are five ways to reduce the cost of your video production:
1) Plan ahead. Determine beforehand what you want to see in the video. What benefits of your product would you like to be highlighted in the video? What kind of video you want to produce? What demographic is your target market? All these should be taken into consideration before your proceed with the production process.
2) Determine the things that you need to buy or pay for. For the set, you might need a sofa, a bed, or a dining set. Will you need actors to serve as the “face of your company”? How are you going to get to the locations?
After creating a complete checklist of the things that you will need, figure out which of these items you can substitute with something you already have.
For example, instead of buying a sofa or a dining set, you can just use what is available inside your house.
3) Another way to cut spending is to get locations that are near your office so you don’t have to pay more for the gas or for hiring a vehicle to transport your equipment to the location. It is better if the location has natural light, has enough room and space for the equipment and film crew. Find a location that does not have a background noise, or far away from a busy highway and airport.
4) Hire the best for the job. People with experiences probably know what they need to create on-target video. They should also communicate well with each other. Communication is very important to keep things in order.
A crew who doesn’t know what they need to do or have attitude problems will be a liability to the team. Be mindful this can slow down the entire production process. If you believe that time is money, you will lose a lot of money if you entrust the wrong video production company to produce your video.
5) Keep your video short. Not only will you save money on your production costs, its smarter to keep videos short. Aim for 30 – 120 seconds. Short videos tend to keep the attention span for more viewers, whereas longer videos may be watched all the way through but not by many people.